FQDNs in masters-list (was: Help: Secondary for...)

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Thu Mar 8 22:47:35 UTC 2001

%
% At 2:18 PM -0800 3/8/01, Bill Manning wrote:
%
% >  	I can think of two examples.  Both fit under the general
% >  	rubric of "Ad-Hoc" networks, where the nodes and the supporting
% >  	infrastructure are untethered and mobile.
%
% 	Can you give me any details?
% 	If I'm wrong, I'd sincerely like to have this explained to me in
% detail, and you're an ideal person to do that.
%
% --
% Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles at skynet.be>
%

	Perhaps :)  Ask yourself how you would support DNS
	when all the nodes are mobile (being renumbered as they move)
	and are only intermittently in contact with each other?
	There has been some work done in this arena, with perhaps
	the earliest work being from SRI in 1985. More recently
	we've been working on the topic as part of the TBDS (Topology
	Based Domain Search) project.

--
--bill