Installation of Bind 8

James A Griffin agriffin at cpcug.org
Thu Mar 8 14:49:00 UTC 2001

"J. Chan" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am going to install my own DNS server under Linux using
> Bind 8.
>
> But I have no experience on how to install the Binx 8. Can
> anyone tell me how to install, or, where can I locate more
> information on how to install the Bind 8 under Linux.
>
> Thank you very much.

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO-9.html

It is free and of some use.  HOWTOs on chrooting BIND are also available
at that site too.  There is a lot of documentation that comes with the
BIND distribution files at www.isc.org.  Of course, no self-respecting
hostmaster would be without a copy of the book DNS and BIND, by Paul
Albitz and Cricket Liu.  The fourth edition is soon to be published.

Regards,
Jim