cname quick question

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Wed Mar 7 05:19:43 UTC 2001

So, what would the results of "dig foo.com ns" be?

1.) Query NSI, get NS1.you.com, ns2.you.com
2.) Query a server that has the CNAME cached, get
ns1.yahoo.com/ns5.dcx.yahoo.com
3.) Query ns.you.com, get ... ?

Inconsistent results, near as I can tell.

This is the point you fail to realize, and constantly pointing it out to
you is getting old.