MX problem?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Mar 6 19:02:59 UTC 2001

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 09:34:46AM -0800, Sam Yangsao wrote:

> 	I am receiving a bunch of bounce backs from my new mail server.
> Apparently, our old admin has changed jobs, and now I am in charge of mail
> and dns.  Does anyone know what this error means??
>
> The original message was received at Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:31:50 -0600 (CST)
> from mx1.mho.net [64.58.4.7]

> <Americanski.reply at fiwebnet.com>

> 554 5.0.0 MX list for fiwebnet.com. points back to mnnet003.fiwebnet.com
> 554 5.3.5 <Americanski.reply at fiwebnet.com>... Local configuration error

If you are not postmaster for fiwebnet.com, you need not worry about
this - it's their misconfiguration.

If you are postmaster for fiwebnet.com, you need to set up your
sendmail.cf to accept mail addressed to "user at fiwebnet.com".
Currently, it is only accepting mail sent to "user at mnnet003.fiwebnet.com".

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B