FQDNs in masters-list (was: Help: Secondary for...)

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Mon Mar 5 13:09:37 UTC 2001

	It would be achievable for a stealth master.  If I was
	doing it I would have the stealth master send signed notifies
	periodically, similar to the dialup master, and have the
	slave accept the notify if the signature was correct and
	save the source address for the refresh query.  Only notifies
	would trigger the refresh check similar to dialup.

	I would not have a dynamic host listed as a nameserver.
	I'm assuming, in saying this, the dynamic host is dropping
	off the net and the address is potentially being re-assigned,
	not that ISP is play stupid DHCP games by re-assigning a
	new address every time the lease expires.  Even this it
	could be problematic as the DNS was designed with stable
	nameserver in mind.

	If you are going to do this grab a 9.2 snapshot and work from
	it.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.