MX record question

Doug Barton DougB at gorean.org
Sun Mar 4 20:12:01 UTC 2001

Bruce Markey wrote:

> Hey all..
>
> Just a quickie.. I think somewhere along the lines I made a mistake in my
> dns configs..
>
> What would be the correct way to handle this scenario.
>
> We are an isp with a domain of domain1.com
> We host another 50 or so domains.  I need to point mail for each of those
> domains to a single machine.

In the zone file for domain1.com:

smtp	IN	A	22.33.44.55

In the other zone files:

domainblah.com.	IN	MX 20	smtp.domain1.com.

Obviously, replace 22.33.44.55 with the real IP.

Good luck,

Doug
--
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory . . . lasts forever."
        -- Keanu Reeves as Shane Falco in "The Replacements"