Making named listen on only 1 IP of a multi ip box?

Doug Barton DougB at gorean.org
Sun Mar 4 19:52:03 UTC 2001

James Garcia wrote:

> Hello,
>     I am have a box running freebsd 4.2-stable. I am running  named
> 8.2.3-REL Tue Feb 27 18:21:17 EST 2001. The box it was running on has
> multiple ip addresses bound to it. After startng named i find that it has
> bound itself to every ip on the box. Is it possible to make it listen ONLY
> on 1 of the ips?

	http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/docs/config/options.html

Look for the listen-on option.

> I have seen some talk of a -i directive but i dont see that
> directive in the manpage. Is there a newer version of bind i should be
> running?

	No, but you should really pick up the book called DNS and BIND from
O'Reilly. The 4th edition is coming out soon, get it as soon as you can. :)

Good luck,

Doug
--
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory . . . lasts forever."
        -- Keanu Reeves as Shane Falco in "The Replacements"