bind9 questions

Timothy.Moseley at hurlburt.af.mil Timothy.Moseley at hurlburt.af.mil
Thu Mar 1 17:42:58 UTC 2001

No I understand your point, but the only two things missing are actual IP's
of internal boxes, these are  correct in the named.conf file and hell I know
that anyone can figure out the domain by just looking at my email address,
but as I stated this server worked fine before w/ bind8, bind9 installed
okay its running and the machine actual resolves all boxes on the net, my
only problem is the zones are not being put into the /var/named/secondary
directory and the only thing the resolv.conf file has in it is the localhost
ip (127.0.0.1) as a nameserver. Where is this box doing its lookups from?
Before I could see named-xfer kick off but w/ bind9 not using named-xfer
there is nothing to show transfers and I see none on the QIP box logs. I am
just trying to figure out how this box is still working.

Tim