FW: bind9 questions

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Thu Mar 1 16:29:05 UTC 2001

    Timothy> Then again this is the response I get now when I do the
    Timothy> rndc reload command

    Timothy>  rndc reload rndc: connect: connection refused

This means there's nothing for rndc to connect to. Try adding the
controls{} statement to named.conf that's shown in the documentation
you claim to have read.

    Timothy> key rndc_key { algorithm "hmac-md5"; secret " "; };

This key is not a valid base-64 encoded string. So until you fix that,
you'll get another error once you get the name server listening on a
control socket.