MX record without A record

ns at linuxplanet.nu ns at linuxplanet.nu
Fri Jun 29 16:42:03 UTC 2001

My isp has a domain called eg1.example.com this domain has no A record, however
it does have MX records pointing to their relay boxes.

They have asked me to point add an MX record for my domain(julia.net) to their
relay eg1.example.com on my name server.

My question is, will this work? eventhough eg1.example.com has no A record
entry on the ISP's nameserver.

Will my nameserver reroute my julia.net mails to my ISP's nameserver.  I am
just concerned that their is no A record for eg1.example.com.

--
Get your firstname at lastname email for FREE at http://Nameplanet.com/?su