dns not resolving

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Jun 27 21:54:09 UTC 2001

Well, dig is hard-coded to use DNS, and Netscape (I assume you're referring
to the Netscape browser rather than some other piece of Netscape
software) may be using an HTTP proxy, in which case the proxy would be
doing the DNS resolution, not your box.

Sounds like your OS is not configured to use DNS for name resolution. Since
you haven't given us any idea what OS this is, one can only speculate how
you could verify and/or correct this...

- Kevin