advice for freebsd

future future.products at 12move.nl
Wed Jun 27 20:40:15 UTC 2001

open question

i use freebsd 4.3 on the 3 main systems in my network

they all run freebsd + bind 8 + dhcpd 2 + sendmail + teapop +
ipfirewall _ ipnat + webmin + (and 1 runs also apache )

1 system is connected to internet , (and is a gateway for 30 clients)

2 is my webserver ,

3 is my extra gateway to my clients (to deliver them internet , +- 20
clients)

now the question

at first i planed to use multiple subnets for better protection
so i put in mij internet system 3 netwokcards
1 for internet 62.x.x.x
1 for my webserver (and future other servers ) 10.0.0.x
1 for the routers to deliver internet to my clients 10.0.1.x

it worked a week or two , than the dhcpd , refused to give numbest
out on the 10.0.0.x card
no free bpf , exiting . ore someting like that , or it just gives out
no leases without anny reason
(all ipnr's are only given out to the registerd mac nr''s)

dns i dont get to work , tryed diferend configs , they all work 2
days , and in the end hang up the system..
named almost every time gives adres already in use , not serving on
anny interfaces
, i have 3 network cards and frebsd says that thay all 3 are called
dns1.future2005.com
(and that was only the meaning for card 1 , my internet conection)
(card 2 had to be called backbone , card 3 had to be router1)

i'll post this at diferend groups to ask if i'm forgetting something
, (program)

now it works but i dont use dns and i have everything running on 2
networkcards (internet in - internet out) with a lot of hubs
connected at it , all the clients are windoos users . for the
security i have some old 486 with a firewall and nat becouse
everythings
runs on the same hub..

 so on this moment every help is welcome ,

greetings from holland ,,    R.R.