DNS Help

Eric Ward ericward at taspco.com
Wed Jun 27 03:18:56 UTC 2001

Please help, our DNS administrator quit today and it has been dumped onto my
shoulders. I have a limited amount a DNS experience so please excuse my
ignorance.
Our Platform Info:
	OS: Linux 7.0
	Bind 8.2.3
	About 4000 zones

Problem (example):
	1)We can resolve www4.domain.com, but we can not resolve
www.domain.com.  The problem is not just with www it seems to randomly
resolve some records and not others. The problem only happens when accessed
externally. Everything seems to work fine from the local machine.

		This problem happens across all of our domain names.

	Here is example of one of our zone files:
$TTL 43200
;
; Database file 36productions.com for 36productions zone.
;
@		IN	SOA	ns1.	root.domain.com. (
			6222001	; Serial Number
			900		; Refresh