Best method - secondary for lots of domains

Bob Puff@NLE bob at nleaudio.com
Wed Jun 27 01:22:00 UTC 2001

Hello,

I've got two Bind 8 servers running.  I've got what seems to be good DNS records for the domains I serve.  I am frequently adding new domains.

My secondary server I currently have simply doing an RSYNC to the primary's /var/named directory, and copy over the named.conf file every night.  So the secondary is really acting like another master.

I'd rather let the notifys do the job, but how do you handle new records?  Do you have to keep editing the config file on the secondary also?  I'd like to only have to mess with the records on one machine, and have the secondary simply be a mirror; but it needs to handle adding / deleting domains.

Bob