setting up a domain on linux

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jun 26 22:52:20 UTC 2001

Well, what are IRC's DNS requirements? The name brucelee.wox.org
resolves fine to 213.107.50.4, but that address reverse-resolves back to
pc2-clif2-0-cust4.not.cable.ntl.com. Does IRC require forward and
reverse resolution to match? Since that reverse-resolved name is rather
long, are you running into some sort of name-length limitation within
IRC? Perhaps you should ask about these things on an IRC
newsgroup/mailing-list/channel; I don't know that anyone here can answer
those questions. If you determine that you need to set up
reverse-resolution, then maybe we can help...

- Kevin