2.4 kernel and bind 8.2.3 - REL.

Willis L. Sarka wlsarka at the-republic.org
Sun Jun 24 07:49:30 UTC 2001

Well Paul,

I'm running Bind 9.1.0 on RedHat 7.1 with the "NEW" kernel, and seems to
be working fine.  The general rule of thumb for most OSes I've ever worked
with is to have swap twice the size of memory.  I'm curious, what do you
mean that 8.2.3 did not like it at first?  Not having enough swap?  How
big of a zone are you running?  How heavily used is this name server?

Cheers,
Will Sarka