cache server not stable?

sally wong sywong10 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 14:26:16 UTC 2001

I have BIND 8.2.3 installed, one master server and one
caching server.  I am not sure if I configured it
correctly.  When I added new entries to the master
server, I always am able nslookup that entry from the
master server.  But the cache server is not always
very stable.

The changes is usually reflected on the cache server
immediately the entry is added.  But sometimes these
added entries disappear, then reappear after a period
of time for no reason.

Has anybody had any idea why it happens like this or
has seen this kind of happening?  Any sugguestion will
be greatly appreciated.

The resolv.conf file of the my cache server is
pointing to the master name server.

My named.conf is:

zone "." {
        type hint;