ndc error

Marc.Thach at radianz.com Marc.Thach at radianz.com
Fri Jun 22 08:24:32 UTC 2001

Yohan,
I guess you've made the same mistake as I did, that is putting named in the
chroot jail.  As I now understand it, you don't have to do this, only
named-xfer goes in the jail.  However in the end I found it easiest to put
a script called named into my /usr/local/sbin directory which then calls
the named binary with the -u -g and -t options.
Marc TXK

                    Mark.Andrews at no
                    minum.com              To:     yohan <yohan900 at yahoo.com>
                    Sent by:               cc:     bind-users at isc.org
                    bind-users-boun        Subject:     Re: ndc error
                    ce at isc.org

                    22/06/2001
                    01:48

> Hello, I am having a problem with ndc, after having
> chrooted bind 8.2.4.  I can get everything to work
> finebut when I try to start named with ndc start I get
> this error
>
> root at gateway:/chroot/named/var/run# ndc start
> sh: /usr/local/sbin/named: No such file or directory

           Well where did *you* install named?  If it was installed
           via "make install" ndc would have had the correct path.