Configuring reverse lookups?

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 20:41:32 UTC 2001

Tim Cropper wrote:

> I had requested reverse delegation from my isp and when I make the change above bind refuses to answer any reverse lookups.
>
> If this is not a valid configuration what would be?

I think it is okay, I haven't "cut and pasted" the files.

When I query your name server for the reverse look up it
claims it is responsible for;

133.190.208.in-addr.arpa.

When in fact that is still with southwest bell, and they are
delegating the domain 160.133.190.208.in-addr.arpa to you
from that domain, so maybe you have a stale reference to
133.190.208.in-addr.arpa in your conf file?!

Reverse lookup from here seems okayish - so maybe it is a
local problem stopping you seeing your own reverse lookups?

Those TTL's seem generous in places.