Answering only for "own" zones

Marc.Thach at radianz.com Marc.Thach at radianz.com
Wed Jun 20 08:39:42 UTC 2001

Torsten,
I haven't done this myself, but I guess that if you were to disallow
recursion then that would produce the effect you're after.

Marc TXK

                    Torsten Mueller
                    <torsten at arches        To:     comp-protocols-dns-bind at moderators.isc.org
                    oft.de>                cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     Answering only for "own" zones
                    bind-users-boun
                    ce at isc.org

                    20/06/2001
                    02:45

Hey,

Is it possible to setup bind to only answer for the "own"
zones i created ?

I mean a setup like on ns1.granitecanyon.com, where you get
only
the root servers back, if you ask for datas of a zone for
which the nameserver isn't
authoritative.

Is it also possible to setup bind in a way, that for the
local net, bind acts like a
"standard" dns server (with the right answers) and for the
rest of the internet as described
above ?

My intention is to use such a setup with bind 9 latest rc.

Greetings and thanks for your help

Torsten