Does bind 9 support regular expression in RR ?

Kelvin Ng Chee Hoong nchee_hoong at pacific.net.sg
Mon Jun 18 01:13:16 UTC 2001

Your question is too vague to answer. What do you mean by this? What
are you trying to do?

My aim use of DNS is for private VOIP host name lookup , and this DNS is never
expose to internet .

For example , if people dial any destination number range from 99961  to 99965
, the voip gateway will send IP packets to destination gateway of 192.168.1.1 .
Other than above mentioned dial string will sent IP packets to destination
gateway of 10.10.10.1

In a silly question , can I configure DNS host name in this way  ?

9996[1-5]+     IN     A    192.168.1.1
9996[^1-5]+     IN    A    10.10.10.1