Where is this IP coming from?

James Raftery james-bind-users at now.ie
Fri Jun 15 09:14:58 UTC 2001

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 10:57:49PM -0400, Fabiola Caceres wrote:
> However, I can do a nslookup  www.aljobsource.com ns1.disney.com (or
> some other outside name server) and it shows the wrong ip!
[snip]
> Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
> with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
> for detailed information.
>
>    Server Name: WWW.ALJOBSOURCE.COM
>    IP Address: 216.84.195.124
>    Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
>    Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
>    Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com

FAQ, FAQ, FAQ. I searched for "wrong IP address" in the archives as an
experiment. The first results page contained the answer.

That IP/name is registered as a Host with NSI. Use
http://www.networksolutions.com/cgi-bin/makechanges/itts/host to change
or remove it.

james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's