tomany hops ??

webmaster frank at future2005.com
Thu Jun 14 20:05:02 UTC 2001

i dont know , the dns was the last thing i messed with

the problem is i have

location 1 (new location)
                                 computer 1 = *.future.future2005.com
(freebsd) , (*= router + mail + dns1)
                                 computer 2 = *.future.future2005.com
(freebsd , test system for my new webserver)

(*= www + dns2)
location 2 (old location)
                                 computer 3 = *.future2005.com (windows nt)
, ( *= router +mail + www + dns1)
                                 computer 4 = *.future2005.com (freebsd ,
test system for backup)

(*= www + dns2)
on this moment we host on nt , the plan is to host on freebsd
but the main problem is to get the dns correct working , so that location 1
works , and location 2 is the backup

location 2 is at my home , 1 is at work , at location 1 - we olso deliver
internet to 20 workstations .

i'm new at this (nt works , but am planning to use only freebsd for future
projects)

so i'm mailing from location 2 to location 1 and i get the wrong dns (dns1
is at location 2 , but got that responce from location 1)

olso thanx for the respons , i'm olso taking al look at sendmail (thats olso
not yet right configed)

/FRANK