BIND version

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Thu Jun 14 13:11:19 UTC 2001

 It is possible to fingerprinat a server if it answers queries.
to protect your namserver agaist this, refuse to answer any queries.
then your nameserver will be of limited usefulness. remember, the DNS
is a PUBLIC, HOSTILE database. and 0a2 has its own suite of problems.
for stability, you might want ot consider the v8 train.

%
%
% how is it possible to fingerprint a nameserver? can i protect my ns against
% that?
%
% and which security lists are you talking about? where are those lists? i'm
% trying to keep my up to date i'm using 9.2.0a2 .. pretty much "the"
% latests;) (just came out)
%