No Response From Server

Allie Syadiqin allie at time.net.my
Tue Jun 12 18:32:03 UTC 2001

I don't think I am behind a firewall, but let me just explain it in more
detailed way.

I am trying to set up 2 DNS server on a single machine. (I know the thing
about redundancy and all that :) But this is only temporary until I can get
MYNIC (the local NIC Authority) to approve the transfer of my domains as
they require 2 DNS and I am not too knowledgeable to configure the machine
to use external DNS or even configure external DNS service available. So,
for the sake of solving this issue, lets assume that we stay with the
current configuration of 2 DNS on a single machine.

Most of Bind configurations are done by the RNA (Remote Network
Administrator) supplied by Immunix 7.0 ISP Appliance Server, which is a
web-based Control Panel. It does not come with any User Guide and basically
I have to do with trial-and-error to get it working this far.

So, assuming what you said about ns2 not running name service, how do I
check and how do I enable it?