Problem with www.domain.com and domain.com

James A Griffin agriffin at cpcug.org
Tue Jun 12 11:46:12 UTC 2001

Kent George wrote:

> Ok folks, let me say to begin that much of this is beyond my expertise
> so any help is appreciated but I will need a little guidance if I am
> not asking the right questions.
>
> Here's my problem / question -
>
> Our company has a variety of domains hosted on a remote server - I
> know its Linux / Apacahe but beyond that I am not 100% sure.  We just
> recently began to experience problems when going to our domains.  The
> WWW does not work!

[SNIP]

As others have noted; "What domains?".  Guessing that it might be
related to jireh.com, here is what 'doc' has to say about it.  You may
want to pass this on to your provider.

Jim

Doc-2.2.2: Starting test of jireh.com.   parent is com.
Doc-2.2.2: Test date - Tue Jun 12 07:41:07 EDT 2001
Note: Skipping parent domain testing
Found 2 NS and 2 glue records for jireh.com. @a.gtld-servers.net.
(non-AUTH)
Using NSlist from parent domain server a.gtld-servers.net.
NS list summary for jireh.com. from parent (com.) servers
  == ns1.salonxpert.com. ns2.salonxpert.com.
soa @ns1.salonxpert.com. for jireh.com. serial: 991236827
soa @ns2.salonxpert.com. for jireh.com. serial: 991236827
SOA serial #'s agree for jireh.com.
Authoritative domain (jireh.com.) servers agree on NS for jireh.com.
ERROR: NS list from jireh.com. authoritative servers does not
  === match NS list from parent (com.) servers
NS list summary for jireh.com. from authoritative servers
  == ns1.globalnameservers.net. ns2.globalnameservers.net.
ERROR: ns1.salonxpert.com. claims to be authoritative, but does not
appear in
NS list from authoritative servers
ERROR: ns2.salonxpert.com. claims to be authoritative, but does not
appear in
NS list from authoritative servers
Checking 0 potential addresses for hosts at jireh.com.
  ==
Done testing jireh.com.  Tue Jun 12 07:41:21 EDT 2001