Secondary DNS.

Michael Kjorling michael at kjorling.com
Thu Jun 7 16:37:41 UTC 2001

I'm not 100% sure why it reports an incorrect line number (perhaps
Mark could enlighten us on that?) but the reason for the "out of zone
data" error is obvious. If your zone is intelbuild.ru, you can only
have data under intelbuild.ru in that file. ns.mtu.ru. is not, and can
probably be resolved elsewhere as well.

If that is a zone you are hosting, set up a separate zone for mtu.ru.
so BIND knows where to look for that information.

Michael Kjörling

On Jun 7 2001 19:40 +0400, Serg Livitin wrote:

> Hi!
> I use Bind 9.1.2
> I have problem with secondary DNS record in primary zone.
>
> 212.30.156.0 network
> zone : intelbuild.ru
> zone file: master/intelbuild.rev
>
> $TTL 86400
> @    IN    SOA    relay2.intelbuild.ru.    admin.intelbuild.ru.    (
>                         2001060701
>                         3600
>                         1200
>                         604800
>                         86400 )
>
>                         NS      relay2.intelbuild.ru.
>                         NS      ns.mtu.ru.
>                         MX     10    relay2
> relay2                A       212.30.156.6
> ns.mtu.ru.          A       195.34.32.10     <---------- secondary DNS ( ISP )
>
> When I try to start bind, I recieve :
> relay2# Jun 7 19:26:20 relay2 named[205] dns_master_load :
> master/intelbuild.rev : 14 ignoring out-of-zone data.
>
> I use vi for creating zone files. What's wrong... Why error
> pointed to 14 line (file consist of 13 lines...)?

- --
Michael Kjörling - michael at kjorling.com - PGP: 8A70E33E
"We must be the change we wish to see" (Mahatma Gandhi)

^..^     Support the wolves in Norway -- go to     ^..^
 \/   http://home.no.net/ulvelist/protest_int.htm   \/