Reverse resolution problems...

Gustavo Castro Puig gcastro at ifxnw.com.uy
Fri Jun 1 19:41:20 UTC 2001

Hello there:
	I've got some troubles with reverse resolution using BIND 9.1.2...
	We have our DNS and if we use it to resolve our network's IP
addresses it works fine, but if we try to resolve the same IP addresses
resolve using another DNS, it says "Non-existent host/domain".  It seems
that our DNS doesn't "own" this addresses.
	Do you know about something like this?
	Another one: sometimes our DNS simply stop resolving names from
other domains, and then (5 minutes later or more) it begins again to
work...  It doesn't happend all the time, but we are running this server
since almost a month ago, and this were happened three times(!).  Nothing
appeared in the logs, simply stops resolving other domains (our domains
are resolved inside and out), and suddenly continue working.
	Here you have something to check: DNS zeus.multired.com.uy
(206.99.52.140).
	What am I doing wrong?
	Any ideas? (may be the weather?)

	(I though we'll "downgrade" BIND to 8.2.3 or 8.2.4... 9.1.2 seems
to be an infinite headache for us!)

Best regards,
	Gustavo Castro Puig.
	gcastro at ifxnw.com.uy