how many domain names does bind support at most?

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Fri Jun 1 17:06:12 UTC 2001

At 9:45 AM -0700 6/1/01, xq c wrote:
>I added 8 domain name in my named.conf file for one
>IP,
>but only the first 3 domain name is ok,the other 5
>names do not work,so I want to know why?

There are many possible reasons for this. First, check the log; are
there any errors in whatever file(s) (or syslog output) your server
logs to regarding the zones that failed?

In what way are they failing? In other words, how do you know they're
failing? What happened, and what did you expect to have happen?

Chris Buxton <cbuxton at menandmice.com>

Men & Mice <http://www.menandmice.com/> provides:
  - DNS training, including Active Directory
  - QuickDNS, a DNS management system for servers on Linux & Mac OS
    (Solaris support coming soon!)
  - DNS Expert, a DNS analysis and troubleshooting utility