DNS not resoliving requests from Windows Me clients

Venkataramana Sanapala sanapala at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 17:24:28 UTC 2001

Hi,
I have configured my Linux machine as DNS server.
I want my DNS to resolve any request from any client to a
single IP address which I specify.
On Windows 2000 clients nslookup returns the same IP
address for all the requests as expected.
But when I run nslookup from Windows Me, any request that
ends with .com(example : something.com. hello.com)is being
resolved to the correct IP address and all other requests
are not being resolved.
I am under the impression that, DNS should be transperent
from the client machines.
named procees is looking for the default DNS suffix and if
the request from the client machine doesn't have the DNS
suffix, it is failing to resolve the request.
Is there any way I can specify in the config files using
wild card characters to accept all the  requests from all
the clients ?.
I tried padding all the in coming requests in the named
process with ".com", but it is not working.
Any help is much appreciated.
regards,
Venkat