problem

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Mon Jul 30 01:27:08 UTC 2001

At 07:33 AM 7/29/01, A.MUTHUKUMAR wrote:

>Dear ISC,
>
>               I met with problem of starting the bind service in my
>windows nt server. I got installation successful after uninstalliation of
>my microsoft dns server. the error stated was error : 1067.
It may not have installed properly.  What's in the Application Event Log (if
anything?).  You can get to the event log from the Start->Programs->
Administrative Tools->Event Viewer.  Then select Applications from the Log
menu item. This is for NT 4.0.  For Windows 200 you need to start from
the Control Panel.

If you see nothing there, start named manually.  Get a DOS prompt and cd
to the directory that you chose to put it in.  Then type: named -f -d1
and this will start it interactively and dump output to the screen.  What does
that tell you?

         Danny