help setting up zone files

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Jul 26 22:56:44 UTC 2001

There's really no single answer to this, since there are many many ways
to configure a nameserver, depending on what it is you're trying to
achieve, and what the limits of your environment are, especially in terms
of network capacity/connectivity.

There are many HOWTOs, tutorials and examples available. See, for
example, http://www.dns.net/dnsrd. Also, there is the "bible",
_DNS_and_BIND_, from O'Reilly, currently in Fourth Edition. That too has
lots of examples, as well as giving you a grounding in some of the theory
about how DNS works.

- Kevin