Users Want *Seamless* Solutions, Not Patchwork (was Re: Users want solutions, not buzzwords)

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Jul 25 21:45:17 UTC 2001

Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 4:27 PM -0400 7/25/01, Kevin Darcy wrote:
>
> >  Where else would you suggest it go? AFAIK, there is no "DNS implementation
> >  advocacy" list.
>
>         Sure there is -- it's called "namedroppers".

No, namedroppers is not a place to advocate particular DNS implementations. In
fact, that's very much frowned upon there.

> Either that, or the
> DNS-related IETF mailing lists.

You seem confused. namedroppers *is* the main "DNS-related IETF mailing list".
The only other one I'm aware of is "dnsops" and that's mostly about operational
issues related to DNS. I don't think implementation-advocacy is welcome there
either.

- Kevin