Bind 9.2.0b1 bug?

Nico De Ranter nico at sonycom.com
Tue Jul 24 15:51:07 UTC 2001

I just upgraded one of my DNS servers and got the following problem:

We run some scripts from crontab that use

   echo "ls sonytel.be > $tmpfile" | nslookup - isec-dns

to generate a listing of all hosts inside the sonytel.be domain
(note: don't even bother trying it's an internal only DNS server :-)
This ran fine with bind 8.something however with 9.2.0b1 I only
get a partial list (about 80 hosts). Did somebody encounter
this too. Has any default setting changed that could prevent this
from running fine (I would have expected it to fail completely not
to give just a partial list).  Unfortunately the log files don't say
much

client 10.18.0.3#65409: transfer of 'sonytel.be/IN': AXFR started

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Nico

 "It has been said that there are only two businesses that
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SDCE/NEE-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter at sonycom.com