W2k DNS Zone Transfers Refused

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Mon Jul 23 02:45:19 UTC 2001

We have an open trouble ticket with MX regarding zone transfer refused by a master
running on a W2K DNS box.  I would like to do an unscientific survey.  If you have
master zones on an MS W2k DNS box and BIND slaves, please let me know the
following information:

1) Are the zones AD-integrated or standard primary?
2) Do you have the zone transfer properties set to

   a) anyone or
   b) Servers with NS records in the zone (NS Table in MS parlance) or
   c) transfer to specific IP addresses

So as not to clutter this BIND discussion list, I am requesting that replies be
sent to me.  I will post the results of the survey after I have enough replies.
I am doing this because I am surprised that other sites have not encountered the
zone transfer refusal problem that I am seeing in our production DNS setup.
Thanks.
Barry S. Finkel
Electronics and Computing Technologies Division
9700 South Cass Avenue               Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-9689
Building 221, Room B236              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov