Users Want *Seamless* Solutions, Not Patchwork (was Re: Users want solutions, not buzzwords)

M. Yu myu at websprinter.net
Sat Jul 21 10:18:20 UTC 2001

Eh....why is this thread even here?  This is not a DNS implementations or
implementors list.  This list is supposed to be specific to BIND itself.
Don't get me wrong DJB, I use your qmail and djbdns.  Although I commend
both BIND and djbdns for doing the job they're supposed to, I contend that
it is up to the system administrators themselves (who you all want to
unburden so much) to decide which implementation they want to use for which
ever situation they encounter.

I neither have the time nor the energy to listen to your comparisons.  I
(and I suspect the rest of the listers) subscribed to this list because it
is supposed to help BIND users with whatever issues they have.  You want to
discuss implementation differences?  I suggest you all take it off-list.

Please, spare us all the tirades and the mine-is-sooo-much-better-than-yours
attitude.  Please, pretty please?

M. Yu