Am I wrong?

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Wed Jul 18 20:11:16 UTC 2001

>are you saying that my  zone file should be like this:
>$TTL 3D
>@       IN      SOA     source-fixings.co.uk. root.morpheous.jabnet.uk.com
>(
>                                          20010713 ; Serial
>                                          8H      ; Refresh
>                                          2H      ; Retry
>                                          4W      ; Expire
>                                          1D)     ; Minimum TTL
>
>                  IN      NS              ns.source-fixings.co.uk.
>                  IN      NS              ns0.dilusion.co.uk.

that´s a start, here´s some more errors to work on:

                               DNS Expert
                Detailed Report for source-fixings.co.uk

2001-07-18, 22:07, using the analysis setting "Thorough"

Information
Serial number:           20010718
Primary name server:     source-fixings.co.uk.
Primary mail server:     mail.source-fixings.co.uk.
Number of records:       N/A

Errors
o The name server "morpheous.jabnet.uk.com." is only listed in
   delegation data
     The server "morpheous.jabnet.uk.com." is listed as being
     authoritative for the zone according to the delegation data, but
     there is no NS record for that server in the zone data.
     Delegation data and zone data should always match.

o Non-authoritative data received from the server
   "ns0.dilusion.co.uk."
     The server "ns0.dilusion.co.uk." is listed as being authoritative
     for the domain, but it does not contain authoritative data for it.

Warnings
o The zone contains more than one authoritative name server with the
   same IP address
     The name servers "ns.jabhosting.co.uk." and
     "morpheous.jabnet.uk.com.", which are authoritative for
     "source-fixings.co.uk.", have the same IP address (212.43.181.75).

o Problems determining primary server
     There was not enough data available to determine which server is
     the primary server for the zone. The zone data from the server
     "morpheous.jabnet.uk.com." will be used when analyzing the zone.

Fix the above NS problems and tell us if it fixes your original problems.

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : ISC BIND 8.2.4 for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-abuse mail gateways