nslookup

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Jul 18 15:09:32 UTC 2001

In article <9j3e1m$9p at pub3.rc.vix.com>,  <Scott.McEwan at eu.nabgroup.com> wrote:
>I recently configured our Secondary DNS to be able to lookup hostnames attatched
>to 2 DNS that are in Australia.
>My problem lies with the lookup on Ip addresses on the domain that I have
>configured.
>So far I have configured the following in the /etc/named,conf file.
>How do I go about allowing the lookup of the IP address

What you've done should allow you to translate names in first.domain and
second.domain to IP addresses.

Are you asking about reverse DNS (translating addresses back to names)?
For that, you need to add the reverse zones:

zone "3.2.1.in-addr.arpa" {
  type slave;
  file "rev.1.2.3";
  masters { 1.2.3.4; };