Does "@" in CNAME record not work?

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Fri Jul 13 01:33:54 UTC 2001

> >         mydomain.com            SOA ...
> >         mydomain.com            NS ns1.mydomain.com
> >         mydomain.com            A 192.168.0.4  ; must be an A record
> >         ns1.mydomain.com        A 192.168.0.4  ; must be an A record
> >         www.mydomain.com        CNAME mydomain.com
>

> Mark,
>
> Doesn't that bring me back to the problem pointed out in the Bind/DNS
> book (3rd edition, pgs. 64-65)?
>
> Jim

	Given that I was long past needing "DNS and BIND" when it was
	first written and that Cricket uses me a source of information
	from time to time when he needs to clarify BIND's behaviour,
	I've never bothered to get a copy.

	Sometimes you can't avoid have two records with the one address.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com