Windows 2000 server records in DNS

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Wed Jul 11 11:47:07 UTC 2001

> Ah, so the reason why the other lines work is because they are not
> A records, but technicaly speaking those other hostnames are also incorrect?

	There are no other illegal hostnames.

> Is there anything special I need to look out for when creating a subzone, e.g
> .
> make sure "_msdcs.sonytel.be" is listed before "sonytel.be" in named.conf or
> won't that matter?

	It doesn't matter.  Remember you will need to delegate it
	the same way as you delegate any other sub zone, NS RRset
	in the parent (sonytel.be), NS and SOA RRsets in the child
	(_msdcs.sonytel.be) plus the rest.  From the nameservers
	perspective there is nothing special about "_msdcs.sonytel.be".

	zone "_msdcs.sonytel.be" {
		check-names ignore;
	};

	Mark