BIND 8.2.2-P5 problem

Andrew McNamara andrewm at connect.com.au
Tue Jul 10 00:16:35 UTC 2001

>	Our current theory is that gettimeofday() sometimes returns
>	an out of range tv_usec.  We know this true on some BSD
>	based machines and have circumstantial evidence that Solaris
>	also has this problem.  The BSD machines in question have
>	selectable time keeping mechanisms and by telling the kernel
>	to use the alternate machanism the problem disappears.

We've just seen this here. Machine is a Sun Sparc t1 (single cpu),
running Solaris 8, kernel Generic_108528-08 (the latest).

Have you had any more leads on the Solaris version of this bug? A bug
id, or patch id?

 ---
Andrew McNamara (System Architect)

connect.com.au Pty Ltd
Lvl 3, 213 Miller St, North Sydney, NSW 2060, Australia
Phone: +61 2 9409 2117, Fax: +61 2 9409 2111