Cname question

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Jul 9 23:21:23 UTC 2001

In article <9iddmp$k8h at pub3.rc.vix.com>, Andrew Weisz <aweisz at dsl.net> wrote:
>I was wondering if you could do a CNAME for the Orgibs in a zone file.

What does "Orgibs" mean?  If you're asking whether you can make the zone
name be a CNAME, the answer is "no".  That would violate the prohibition
against CNAME and other data.  Since the zone name has to have other data
(at least one SOA and NS record), the CNAME can't be added.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA