TSX-32 & BIND Anyone??

Membership Services qc at quancon.com
Mon Jul 9 01:17:41 UTC 2001

Greetings All,

We have never posted to this list, but are hopeful
that someone here can give us a bit of advice, or
at least point us in the right direction (please, do
not recommend we buy "DNS & BIND", as we
already have and it only answers *part* of our
questions).

Our organization uses a proprietary OS - named
TSX-32. This OS has BIND v4.0 "ported" into it.
The DNS control files have to conform to the 8 x 3
naming convention, so DNS control file names,
such as NAMED.BOOT, DB.CACHED and so
forth, are instead named NAMED.BOO, DB.CAC
and so on.

WE use a program, called "DNS Expert" to analyze
our DNS records. We have consistently had the following
errors reported by the aforementioned program:

"Site can possibly be used as a mail relay"

"No TXT file exists that warns those accessing
 your e-mail server that you prohibit use of your
 e-mail server(s) by unauthorized persons."

"You have no "zone transfer" restrictions setup."