UltraDNS status

Steve Atkins steve at blighty.com
Sun Jul 8 18:12:32 UTC 2001

(Apologies for a possibly duplicate post)

In article <9i8e46$nvl at pub3.rc.vix.com>, giselle_laure at hotmail.com says...
>The following might be instructive for anyone who wonders exactly what
>is going on with UltraDNS.  Clearly any organization can and
>frequently does change their contact information, but this begs the
>question, "Just exactly who is running/providing service for
>UltraDNS?"

It would be instructive if it was correct. However, the data below is either
scrambled or (more likely) tucows has database/whois server problems.

I'm not a contact for ultradns.com nor for ultradns.net, nor have I ever
been.

I *do* own ultradns.org, which is also registered via tucows. It's likely
something in the opensrs whois database got confused.

I've seen whois database scrambling happen a fair amount - I'm the author
of SamSpade, the whois client you use, and get a fair few bug reports that
turn out to be database problems with one registrar or another.

Mr Guglielmis account of UltraDNS' status is correct as I understand it.

Cheers,
  Steve

Steve Atkins -- steve at blighty.com
"UI: uggc://jjj.fnzfcnqr.bet/" -- dave, in the Monastery