Big Help needed with MX (again)

Gary Kline kline at ns1.thought.org
Fri Jul 6 04:25:50 UTC 2001

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 01:32:43PM +1000, Mark.Andrews at nominum.com wrote:

> > 	Any suggestions on what's wrong with the first use?  Or shouldn't
> > 	I be pointing named-checkzone at named-conf?!
>
> 	You shouldn't be pointing named-checkzone at named.conf.
>
> 	"named-checkzone thought.org" is short hand for
> 	"named-checkzone thought.org thought.org" and given too
> 	many people can't seem to get this, it has gone away in
> 	BIND 9.2.x.  Too many people were doing
> 	"named-checkzone s/db.thought.org" then complaining.

	I admit  to having tried several incantations before realizing
	what the utility was looking for.  (Poking into the code was
	next... .)

	One thing to bear in mind with many readers is that they may
	be entireely new to BIND.  With only a few weeks or months of
	use rather than many years.  ...Ah, what a life!

	gary

--
   Gary D. Kline    kline at thought.org  www.thought.org    Public service Unix