bind + mysql

Forrest Aldrich forrie at navipath.com
Thu Jul 5 14:49:16 UTC 2001

Over time, there has been enough talk about this, that I wonder if it
wouldn't be worthwhile to form a separate project, and have people contribute.

There are many design issues involved here (and possibly
scalability/performance).  The schema being one of them, and whether to use
one or more databases, etc. etc.

Before BIND-9 hooks, there was the sql-bind project, which ceased.  Some
experience from that might be worth looking at.

I wonder how MySQL would peform in a high I/O situation like this.    I
know of a company that began using MySQL (a while ago) in radius
transactions, but eventually they had to go with Oracle, due to performance
reasons.  That may not be an issue now, with the newer hardware and
features of MySQL.

_F