Bind 9.1 Question

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Tue Jan 30 01:57:24 UTC 2001

	This is not reproducible.  i.e. I cut and pasted the acl
	and added the allow-* clauses to a working config and
	could query via 127.0.0.1.

	Are you 100% sure you have restarted named with this exact
	configuration?

	If it still exists after restarting named log a bug report
	with bing9-bugs at isc.org.

	Mark

> With dig, it gives the same type of responses.  Although 9.1 might not
> support it, I was under the impression that nslookup use is decprecated,
> not
> completely removed all together.  I'm not too terribly familiar with dig,
> but just typing "dig" at the prompt produces this:
>

> [root at news doc]# dig
>
> ; <<>> DiG 9.1.0 <<>>
> ;; global options:  printcmd
> ;; Got answer:
> ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 28309
> ;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
>
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;.				IN	NS
>
> ;; Query time: 10 msec
> ;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
> ;; WHEN: Tue Jan 30 00:11:57 2001
> ;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 17
>

> Notice the "REFUSED" part still?  This is what I'm having trouble with...
> Again, it's probably really braindead what I'm missing, but I'm not seeing
> it.
>
> If anyone has a look at the named.conf snippet I sent earlier, please tell
> me what option I'm missing or need to axe.

> On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Nguyen, Andy wrote:
>
> > nslookup is not supported in Bind 9.1.  Use dig instead.

Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com