nessus scan reveals vulnerability on port domain (53/tcp)

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Jan 29 23:59:13 UTC 2001

allow-recursion { localnets; };

allow-recursion { 10/8; };

You can, of course, associate names with arbitrary addresses, address ranges
and/or address prefixes. For instance, on some of my firewalls I have

allow-recursion { extranet; };

where "extranet" is an "acl" I define myself (as opposed to the built-in "acl"s
like "localnets").

By the way, you should upgrade to at least BIND 8.2.3 because of the security
vulnerability that was just fixed.

- Kevin