New to Bind... I would like to install bind on my Bsdi-4.0 ..let me know how to DO.

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Mon Jan 29 22:27:02 UTC 2001

	BIND 8 comes with named-bootconf which will translate named.boot
	to named.conf.

		named-bootconf < /etc/named.boot > /etc/named.conf

	BIND 8 is a *lot* stricter about zone errors however all of these
	will be logged.  BIND 8.2.3 won't server a zone if it detects a
	error when loading.

	There have also been some protocol updates which redefine the use
	of the SOA minimum field and intrduces a new directive ($TTL value)
	to replace the old use.  See RFC 2308.  BIND 8 warns you if it needs
	to use the minumum field in the old way.

	The build procedure on BSDI-4.0 is straight forward.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com