8.2.2 -> 8.2.3 Zone File Problems

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Mon Jan 29 20:26:20 UTC 2001

I too was bitten by this, with 100s of zones affected.

Seems the parsing should "know" to recognize your example.  Mine was
different, where I had:

         @ IN SOA ns.domain.com. some.domain.com.
                 (2000010101
                         ...)

But still similar.

I'm told that 8.2.x had a bug that allowed invalid SOA's (as we've showed
here) to be accepted.

*shrug* I would think that the example should still be valid, because it's
following a format, similar to something in the named.conf where you can
have the braces on any part of the line:

         config-directive        {       data;   };

or

         config-directive {
                                 data;
         }

Shouldn't really "matter" all that much.

_F